Options

Measure up questions

fightclub34fightclub34 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
When taking the measure up questions for the first time i do terrible. Ive read the microsoft book and done the cbt nuggets videos. It seems like 50 percent of the questions asked by measure up are not covered in either of these books or videos. How does one gain this knowledge and are the microsoft tests just like the measure up questions

Comments

• Options
    mrjawbonesmrjawbones Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Same here. I think the MeasureUp questions are a bit harder than the actual exam and then there were some MeasureUp questions that were VERY similar to actual questions I got on the exam. The good thing about MeasureUp and Transcender, is that they have excellent explanations for the answers which facilitates learning the material while you're going over the questions. I used these two almost exclusively while preparing for the 270 and I passed with a 952.

Good luck!
    WIP: CEH
    Next: CCNA

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.
  • Options
    EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When taking the measure up questions for the first time i do terrible. Ive read the microsoft book and done the CBT Nuggets videos. It seems like 50 percent of the questions asked by measure up are not covered in either of these books or videos. How does one gain this knowledge and are the microsoft tests just like the measure up questions

Don't feel bad, those questions are much more difficult than the actual exam. One thing I would recommend is using Microsoft TechNet to further your understanding of the topics on the MeasureUp you're having trouble with. I wouldn't take the exam until you're scoring around 75%-80% on the MeasureUp exams and feel comfortable with the material.

Like Stormking I used both MeasureUp and Transcender and found them extremely helpful in reinforcing materials not covered in the MS Press or Sybex Book. They're a huge help in familiarizing you with the way Microsoft likes to ask questions.
  • Options
    mzgavcmzgavc Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The measure up exams are excellent, and I will also agree that the measure up questions are MUCH harder then the actual exam questions.

One of the traps you really want to avoid is the following,

Use the Measure Up exams as a guide on which to study. But don't use them all day every day.... it actually hinders you more then anything because you end up memorizing the exam..... more then actually knowing the content.

Using the 70-290 Measure Up that came with my kit as a guide to study.... i'm finding that using any other form of testing software ends up being too easy, given the Measure Up Exam questions being difficult.

I'll be using 70-291 Measure Ups, and CBT's for the Beast.... trust your Measure Up Exam... its kinda like Buckleys, tastes bad, but it works.
  • Options
    DeJayDeJay Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    [quote="stormkingMeasureUp questions that were VERY similar to actual questions I got on the exam.[/quote]
    Brain dumper.
  • Options
    EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DeJay wrote:
    stormkingMeasureUp questions that were VERY similar to actual questions I got on the exam.
    Brain dumper.

I realize you're probably a troll, but I would hardly categorize practice exams that Microsoft includes within their MS Press book as "brain ****."
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    DeJay wrote:
    [quote="stormkingMeasureUp questions that were VERY similar to actual questions I got on the exam.
    Brain dumper.[/quote]

Nothing he said would be listed as a brain ****. So, you're wrong.

To the poster, yes Measureup's are harder as everyone else already listed. Just like transcenders, they really help you prepare. I've used measureup before with Net+ and my 70-271 test. It helped out greatly.

Don't keep taking the tests over and over again. Study up until you're ready, then take them.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!