sybex 3rd edt. thorough?

cchampcchamp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey , has anyone used the sybex 3rd edt. book as their primary studyguide, im almost finish with it, is it thorough enough to base it as your main study guide ???

Comments

• tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    im using the sybex book also, good book but from what other people have said you need another book to compliment it, most seem to recommend the syngress book so i when't and ordered that one which arrived today.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • cchampcchamp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yea i just got the syngress book, but iwas wondering about the 3rd edt. sybex book since its the latest edt. lot of people say the used the 2nd edt.
  • yoyomamas2yoyomamas2 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My own personal opinion on the subject - I used Sybex 3rd edition combined with a college class and thought i knew enough to take the exam and failed the first time i went in. This isn't an exam that you can read one book and pass easily in my opinion, and isn't that cheap where you want to be doing that.

My own personal opinion is to read the Syngress book as well...it really covers and clears up things from the Sybex 3rd edition. I would however recommend reading it only after reading the Sybex book, because i think it was a little more advanced and a great 2nd book to help me pass the Security + exam.

Hope this helped, Good luck!
  • NamcoNamco Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what is the title of the sybex book icon_confused.gif:
    Together we stand divided we fall
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I believe it is simply "Security+" or something very close to it. Just go to their website and do a search for Security+ and it should point right to it.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    yeah its just Security+ on the cover.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.