Materials for this exam?

The 70-218 has been targeted as my next victim...Ahem, excuse me, exam.

So, I used Sybex for the 70-270 and was pretty happy with it (I find Sybex easy to follow)... I then used Syngress for the 70-215 because I got the book for free... I found it much harder to read/follow. So I did not like it as much.

That being said....

What is the general consensus on study material for this exam?
I'm looking kind of at the MS Press and Sybex for this exam right now...

Comments

• tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    for the 70-218 exam i only used the sybex book which i thought was really good and as you say easier to follow, i think alot of the topics overlap from 70-210 and 70-215 so thats why i only used the one book.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I'm using both Sybex and M$ press. My only problem is finding time to read, and then practice what I read......I think both are good, although, a lot of the exercises in the Sybex guide don't work. I followed them exactly as written, and don't get the results I thought I would. Maybe once was an error in my part, but I did the DNS stuff 4 times, and it just wouldn't go. I just read the material, and then make up my own to play with......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    The way i usually study for MS exams is by first reading the sybex book for the perticular exam, once i've read that i read the book again while doing the exercises in the book and read the MS study book when i dont have access to my lab, although in the case of 70-218 i just read the sybex book once then read it again while doing the exercises.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.