Studying for 2 different things at the same time

cshirercshirer Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone here ever studied for 2 different certifications that the same. Im looking to break into unix administration, Right now im currently working as a system administrator. Im working with Novell Netware 6.5 and and windows 2003 server at work. But at night time im building a pure unix network at home with different variants. This is my experience so far , im just looking for some feed back so if there is somthing else that i might need to pick up on during my journey.

1. 5 yrs experience over all working with linux /unix ( 2yrs and 4 months in coporate america), DHCP, SAMBA, APACHE, i just finished building an opensource firewall using PF on openbsd 3.9 :) then next project im working on is DNS and Bind. i have some perl and python expeience as well .

am i on the right track or is there somthing else that i need to learn based on what ive told you so far in order to get started with unix administration.

Comments

• goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    sounds like the right track to me. I just use linux to play with but I think you are hitting the main points. I wouldn't want you to leave out LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) though. I lot of people seem to be looking for that.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP