Options

I need help.....

tony0101tony0101 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a hard time understanding certain aspects of computer knowledge in general. I am enrolled in Cisco academy and they go through so much stuff. I am asking for some advice in regard to study habits. I have a good basic knowledge, but I want things to stick. Networking is the only niche I have, even some of the A+ stuff confuses me.
Say Hello To MY little friend!!!
TONY Cleaveland

Comments

• Options
    seccieseccie Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    * Try to learn every single day something, and make learning a habit.
    * Use wikipedia and white papers if you don't understand a topic.
    * Try to vary your learning methods, for me CBT and videos were a good alternative to reading, when I was really tired in the evening.
    * In networking use the sniffer poster (protocoll map) - this way I understood ISO/OSI
  • Options
    seccieseccie Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    tony0101tony0101 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the OSI chart. Given to the fact that I have a little knowledge in A+, Network+, CCNA, Linux+, and CEH-certified ethical hacker, should I take the Network+? I am a jack of all trades, but a master of none. I want to be certed so I can find a job when I turn 18 and graduate high school. I go to college at the same time- Cisco curriculum. That is my studies at school. Any other methods anyone?
    Say Hello To MY little friend!!!
    TONY Cleaveland
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    It is a lot to take in at once. I too felt this way when I first start taking classes. No one expects you to soak it all in in a few weeks.

Be patient, use your study time efficently, setup some home labs and you'll be fine.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    cburnhamcburnham Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was told - and it was excellent advice - to take the A+ tests BEFORE the N+ because you get a solid foundation with the A+ information. This has proven to be very true and I am glad that is the order in which I am taking the tests.

I do have my A+ and am taking the N+ within two weeks.
  • Options
    netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    Do they actualy send the pposter to your address, cos Im from England, is that too far for them to send it?
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"