Options

Passed Today

TazmanianTazmanian Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed today with a 900.

The exam was actually a bit easier than I'd expected.
I'd panicked myself silly going too deep into things like Unix and Linux commands and the ins and outs of Kerberos and other authentication processes etc. You just seem to need a basic overview.

The exam had lots of cable length and connector type questions, know your port numbers and the functions of all the protocols ie: DNS, ARP(must of had about 10 questions on this) DHCP etc.
Which utility to use for troubleshooting scenarios ie:Netsat, Nbtsat. I had no switches involved but I'd learn them anyway.
Couple of questions on Kerberos.
Know what tool is used to do what job.

I used the Sybex book and a CBT Nuggets N10-002 CBT disc (its out of date but a lot of the info is relevant and it makes a change when you just can't be bothered reading) also a Faster Smarter N10-002 book I bought ages ago. I finished up reading the Exam Cram 2 ( this I feel gets you into more the frame of mind of the exam type questions than the Sybex which is more useful for understanding the principles involved) and the Technotes which are probably good enough to get you a pass even if you used them alone!

Basically read whatever you can find, put the time in and you should be OK.

CCNA next I think but that can wait until January!

Comments