CPU's & Passing

wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
First off, anyone care to send me a link to the possible list of cpu subjects I need to know for the A+. I've seen so many different varience's of them on different books and further more, none of my pretests ask alot of questions about the cpu's. That's the only area of study i am really lacking for this portion of the test. Any help would be greatly appreciative.
Artificial Intelligence is nothing compared to the power of Human Stupidity.

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can download the objectives for the A+ exams and other CompTIA exams at http://certification.comptia.org/resources/objectives.aspx
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
    Uhm okay....

Well, do they allow you to bring pencil and paper in with you?
  • dtgrdndtgrdn Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No pencils or paper allowed.

The only things they don't take from you are your wallet and keys.

Yesterday I took an exam and they even took my bottled water.
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Uhm okay....

Well, do they allow you to bring pencil and paper in with you?

They should give you a marker and a dry erase board when you go in to take your exam. You can write down things that you have memorized.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
    Water huh, I wonder if they were worried about using nanobytes to ****.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    It is not uncommon in proctored exams to be allowed nothing 'extra' into the exam area. Everything you need for your cert exams is provided by the center (Prometric or Vue).

There was a time that you were also expected to only wear short-sleeves on exam day....or maybe that was just my school icon_rolleyes.gif Nevertheless, we should demand to keep the exam standards high rather then b1tch and whine that we can't bring in water and pencils....you won't die from thrust in 90 minutes...it's not like your running or lifting..you'll be clicking a mouse...far from strenuous ;)

As far as wwpranma reply to sthomas...the objectives should be something you have and know inside and out. It is the best place to start since the exam is based on them. So his recommendation is valid.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?