Options

outlook 2003 email notifacation

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
hi everyone

I just want to make sure of something.. in outlook the email notifacations only pop up one at a time correct

there is no way to have it pop up saying ou have 10 new emails for someone who has left there computer for a few hours??

a lady I support asked me the other day and I told her they only come up one at a time as far as I knew but wolud look into it

She asked my IT manager and he said " oh that's gotta be possiable"

anyways I'm half cranky as it is but I am getting tired of him saying stuff lik that when he can't do it for the user....and them commnig bvack ot me and asking me to make it happen

Comments

• Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I've been supporting Microsoft Outlook for 8 years and know of no way to do that. I'm using Outlook 2007 now, and it's not in there either.
  • Options
    I've supported it for a few years as well

the only thing I've seen that is simular is in older versions of outlook it would pop up and tell you you have new mail and you had to click on "OK" to the dialog box.... I've noticed this on a few systems around the office.

it just get's under my skin a bit when people tell someone it is possiable but don't know how to set it up.
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I remember that feature in older versions of Outlook as well (pre-Office XP, I think), but all it said was that there is new mail, it didn't tell you how many new messages you had.
  • Options
    amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    hi,

cant they just look at the system tray icon? it know when new emails there :D
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    If I leave my desk for a while, I get one message, usually with the most recent email I have received....I've never seen a window with multiple notifications.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    I remember that feature in older versions of Outlook as well (pre-Office XP, I think), but all it said was that there is new mail, it didn't tell you how many new messages you had.

I thikn she wnts that feature back even if it doesn't say how many there are

personally I prefer the new method because it goes away without interrupting me
  • Options
    hi,

cant they just look at the system tray icon? it know when new emails there :D

oh I'm sure they could but some users are jsut too picky