Do I need any additional stuff for the exam?

one887one887 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there,

I'm taking my A+ test in a couple of weeks and I'm basically just checking that I don't need to have any ID numbers or anything like that before I take the exam. All I've done is learn at home and book an exam. I know I need to take personal identification, like a drivers license, but do I need to have anything else?

I've heard of CompTIA CareerID and stuff like that but I haven't got any of these as I've just been studying at home. Is it just a case of me walking into the exam and them giving me ID numbers etc or do I need to register with Comptia or anybody else before I take the exam.

If anyone could give me some help that would be great. Cheers

Comments

• gameprogamepro Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello there one887

Season greeting to you. Firstly I wish you the best in your up comming exams. Ensure that you use the comming days to home in on your weak areas.

In response to your request, self study is alright just as long as you use the right materials. I suggest that you vistit CompTIA's website if you haven't already done so, to download a copy of both the A+ OS and Core exam objectives.

I also recommend that you set up your exam appointment with a registered test center in your area prior to the actual date you intend on doing the exam, just so that you have no stress on your big day ( not that registration is a big deal but...)

And with regard to a Comptia Career ID, you get one after you have completed one of the Exam. So no need to worry about that!

Hope that helps!
    icon_wink.gif
  • one887one887 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for that gamepro! I appreciate your help in answering my q's :D

Unfortunately though I can't book an 'exam appointment' (what exactly happens in these, just a few forms to fill out?) as work is very busy at the moment, cant get any time off.

So if I'm right... I will go on my exam date but have to perhaps spend the first 15-20 mins filling out a few forms, then take my test?
  • NuwinNuwin Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Something like that.

Just make sure to take two pieces of identification and travel as lightly as possible. You will not be allowed to take any personal items with you into the test.
    "By the power of Grayskull"
    Ok, thanks for that Nuwin. :)
  • oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    You have to book an exam test centre, I don't think you can just walk in. I did mine over the phone took a few minutes thats all.
    Try til it hurts then try some more
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    one887 wrote:
    Hi there,

I'm taking my A+ test in a couple of weeks and I'm basically just checking that I don't need to have any ID numbers or anything like that before I take the exam. All I've done is learn at home and book an exam. I know I need to take personal identification, like a drivers license, but do I need to have anything else?

I've heard of CompTIA CareerID and stuff like that but I haven't got any of these as I've just been studying at home. Is it just a case of me walking into the exam and them giving me ID numbers etc or do I need to register with Comptia or anybody else before I take the exam.

If anyone could give me some help that would be great. Cheers

You've already been given good advice so you should be set. You may consider an Exam Voucher:
    http://www.getcertify4less.com/techexams.asp?REFID={18567D5A-E590-4C16-831F-A9A584E52DD4}

This may save you a few dollars.

So, You can do:
    1. Voucher
    2. Schedule exam
    3.Show up with 2 pieces of ID...you may wish to confirm with your exam center BEFORE you show up what they accept as ID.
    4. Relax. You'll either know it or you won't, but if you are ready to schedule the exam you are probably ready...so no worries there.

Best Wishes!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    You have to book an exam test centre, I don't think you can just walk in. I did mine over the phone took a few minutes thats all.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear earlier, a few weeks ago I booked the test over the internet for a Prometric center near me, so I'm all good to go.

Thanks again for your all help.