Options

where and when to buy

skivesskives Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is newegg the best place to buy computer parts and is it a good time to be buying them or are they going to go down in price soon?

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I heard newegg is good, but I always buy stuff from www.mwave.com
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    skives wrote:
    Is newegg the best place to buy computer parts and is it a good time to be buying them or are they going to go down in price soon?
    I don't know if they're the best, but I buy about 90% of my stuff from there.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Newegg or TigerDirect are good places to buy.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    NewEgg's prices are usually close to being the best on the Web. It can be difficult to return items, as they'll often ask you to RMA defective merchandise directly to the manufacturer. If the merchandise is not defective, they'll nail you for a 15% restocking fee. NewEgg's shipping is incredibly fast and reasonably priced. I usually end up buying most of my peripherals from them. Be sure to check their daily special.

http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/FaqDetail.asp?Module=6
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use ZipZoomFly for most everything. I have found that they are the best priced site on most items plus they offer FREE 2nd day shipping on most all of the goods they sell.

If ZipZoomFly doesn't have what I am looking for then I use NewEgg.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I always use Newegg whenever possible. Every time I've ordered from them I've gotten the items roughly 2-3 business days later. I have used them for years and know many other people who do as well.

http://www.resellerratings.com/

Look at top rated scores. Newegg is rated #1 reseller.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Newegg learned all of their lessons the hard way and does everything that it can not to screw up again. Newegg started as brick and mortar store fronts as Egghead software. Overhead was too great and they dropped their stock to just game Software. They still did not quite get it and got reborn as Newegg with no store fronts and have been pretty successful ever since. They have been around a very long time and have an excellent rep as others have stated. Tigerdirect is another good one also around a very long time. Fry's will probably start to give them both a good run in 2007, now that Fry's has finally become serious about on-line sales, instead of making them an afterthought.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO