Options

need some help - job interview next week

quantumfluxquantumflux Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi everyone,

i just want to first express my gratitude for this forum. i was able to get my A+ certification because of you guys!!

anyways, i have a job interview next week for a network admin's assistant. i am still in school and pursuing my MCSE. all i have right now is A+ and a BS in engineering, but that's all that the job requires for now. some questions were e-mailed to me by the career lady at school and i just wanted to get some help from you guys if you don't mind. any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

here they are:

1) What operating systems have you studied and/or have application/experience with?

2) If you were to set up a new network system, what operating system would you select? Give reasons why?

3) How would you plan to create an inventory of computers to include a listing of loaded software without inconveniencing the users?

Comments

• Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    Clintstrom,

I was actually updating our inventory here at work today. When I am updating inventory, I have everything in MS Access. All equipment has unique equipment numbers. When you search for a specific equpment number, you then can include additional information ie: username, department, software, IP address, and much more.
    I hope this helps you!
  • Options
    quantumfluxquantumflux Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    great, thank you for the help. it is much appreciated. this forum is a great resource and everyone is so helpful :D
  • Options
    mwibbymwibby Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We recently updated our inventory and used an app called Track-It. It has an Inventory module that keeps track of all your computers (IP address, os, hardware, configuration, software, etc). You can even set it up to regularly scan your network and keep your inventory records up to date.