Options

Bookmark parts of a DVD?

KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm helping a relative who has to go to court soon and she has crucial evidence on DVD where her opponent clearly lies and contradicts his stories. She wants me to be able to show those scenes, excluding the rest of the material on this 2-hour DVD disc. I really don't know anything about this type of thing, but the files on the disc are standard .VOB. Is there a program someone could recommend to me?

I don't think she wants to jump around to different parts of the video, which is what I would have normally recommended to her.

KG
Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680

Comments

• Options
    Not sure what I'm looking for. x_x
    Actually, zoom player sounds like it might be able to bookmark parts of DVDs. I may give it a try and see if it will work. Not sure yet how she will be presenting it.

KG
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    I would proberbly just use Nero to create a New DVD Video and make 'New Chapters' at the sections I needed.

Depends if you have Nero or not.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Be careful about following a proper chain of custody protocol. If the other side can provide reasonable doubt that the DVD may have been modified (remember most judges, lawyers and juries don't understand squat about IT) then the DVD may not be admissible in court.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, the trial is in one week. I have to get this done right away. What am I looking for at AfterDawn?
    A friend also recommended VLC 0.8.6a, so I'm trying that right now.

When I get to work in the morning I'll check Nero and see if it will let me do that. Any other suggestions with Nero? I only use it from time to time when burning data discs.

The DVD isn't under any chain of custody. There are many people who own copies and I'm only planning on playing a portion of it. They can't really say we modified it.

KG