Options

Abuse of Company email !!! Your thoughts please

PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
Hi all,

Just to give you a bit of a run down of why i have posted this thread.

I have just recieved an abusive email from somone who, i am not sure if they are aware of their actions or implications of sending it through a companies email system.

Correct me if i am wrong, but i believe this sort of action would be in direct violation of a companies "Acceptable usage policy" .

Would that person be held responsible for abusing said companies computer systems and email systems.

Your thoughts would be very welcoming. And what would you do in this situation.

Regards

Eamonn
Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University

Comments

• Options
    xlg123xlg123 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It would depend what the company policy on use of email is. Since it is abusive, it could fall under an employee/employee relationship policy.

Plus, in the US, all company emails become a permanent record. I work for a city government and all of our e mails are public record, unless they are persuant to an active investigation.
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    like posted above it depends on the policy and the email

if you concernd bring it up with your manager or HR dept
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    You should immediately report to your manager any abusive communications that you receive at your place of work from any sources. Your manager will then determine what the proper course of action is to take.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies,

I have decided to give this individual another chance to redeem himself so to speak.

If it happens again i will take it further.

Regards

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Save the email anyway. icon_wink.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply sparkymrk,

Already saved the email just in case.

Regards

Eamonn