Options

Strange IE7 "Internet Options - Delete" Problem

cussetacusseta Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm baffled!! Whenever I use the Delete -> Delete All option within the Internet Options of IE7, it causes my internet connection to STOP working!! I have a Linksys WRT54G router (just in case it matters), but I've never had any probelms with it and besides, everything is great until I use the Delete All command, so it MUST be a problem with (or at least starting from) IE7. If anyone has ANY idea what the problem might be, or any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

P.S. - To make it work again, I have to unplug the modem and router and plug them back in again(if that helps icon_wink.gif ).
Sometimes you've got to prove to your friends that you're still worth a damn!

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    It is not strange for IE7 to act like junk. Upgrade to Firefox
  • Options
    emmajoyceemmajoyce Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Never heard that one. I have the same equipment you have. Ill try to duplicate. Ill let you know if it does the same. If nothing happens, i will not post again.
    lungsucker.jpg
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This may or may not help but do you have the latest firmware on the router? If not upgrade the firmware and see if that doesn't fix the problem.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    cussetacusseta Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have the latest firmware, so that's probably not the issue. I'll definitely try Firefox. I've waited this long out of sheer laziness icon_confused.gif Heard great things about it. Anyway, if anyone else happens to figure out the problem, Id love to know what it is. If not, oh well.
    Sometimes you've got to prove to your friends that you're still worth a damn!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can uninstall IE7 from the Add/Remove Programs list. That would tell you if IE7 is the problem by going back to IE6 (or whatever version you were using previously).
    All things are possible, only believe.