Options

What is the current CCDA passing score?

ghulam_attarghulam_attar Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Since I am studying CCDA using self-study material, I would just like to know what is the current CCDA examination passing score?

Will all the examination questions be Multiple Choice Questions, or will there be simulation-based questions like there were in CCNA?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    brotherbrown831brotherbrown831 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    passing score is 825.. and all the simulations are multiple choice. There are no router or switch sims.
    There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who read binary and everyone else..
  • Options
    ghulam_attarghulam_attar Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, I am just coming back after giving my CCDA examination. (11/jan/2007)

Here are the details:

Passing score : 825/1000

Areas where you will assesed:
    Analysis
    Modeling
    Planning

There are no simulation based questions using CLI which involves using routers and switches.

However, unlike CCNA, CCDA had far too many drag and drop natured question. There were 7 drag and drop in my examination.

In substitution for the simulation, CCDA exams have something called TESTLIT, which is actually a scenario based question, and 3/4 MCQ are asked based on each of the scenario. There could be upto 2 such TESTLIT during the examination.

There are also couple of questions which are upto 20-30 lines in length (scenarios). Which is followed by one MCQ.

There were a total of 51 questions in the examination, as opposed to 55-65 as advertised on Cisco website.

I hope that this brief guide would have been helpful to all those who would be appearing for CCDA examination in the near future.

Ghulam Attar
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hum.... you might want to edit your post.....

1. Mention that you passed - I finally looked at your certification list to figure out you passed. Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

2. Review the Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement. Some of the stuff you posted could be an NDA violation..... "number of questions" is one of those "fuzzy things" -- did you violate that by stating the number of question total you had? Or did you violate it by stating the number of drag 'n drops? Or both? If you had stated that you X number of questions on Topic Abc.... then I'd probably say you had definitely violated that ""number of question" phrase in the NDA icon_confused.gif

I think the moderator on the Cisco.com Certification Discussion Forum even posted recently that they consider your score "Confidential"..... Showing a co-worker or your boss your score report could be an NDA violation icon_confused.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    very helpful!! :D
    though violating a little ;) it's ok, we won't tell anybody! hehe
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Eh, I think if anything his information can just be used for time management. It's not like he's giving answers. He just stated the type of questions that are on the test, which is no different from anything the CCNA forum does.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/