MCSE in 2 months

SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
Possible?

Just asking since a guy at work has gone to South Africa for two months for training and exams and to come back a MCSE.

You'll ask about previous experience no doubt: he works on helpdesk and does first line work and some stuff up to but not including 2nd line. Mostly account adminstration and general faults (Outlook/Notes setups etc you know the stuff)

Im not knocking him for doing it just wondered if you thought it possible and what you would pay for this?
Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Getting MCSE in 2 months with not that much knowledge of Windows Server systems is impossible. I put in 40-50 hours a week studying for my MCSE and it's taking me 8-9 months (although I'm very detail focused) which includes my A+ and Network+ with a few months of prior experience.

Getting your entire MCSE in 2 months with not any real Server experience definitely requires **** materials in my opinion.

Even if it was legit, consuming all the information in 2 months is not going to make it stick. He will go into the job not knowing what the heck he is doing. It's ridiculous how many paper MCSEs that are out there.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I dont doubt that one could write the 7 exams required for MCSE in 2 months, but how long did it take the individual to prepare and pass? What was the quality of the preparation? Through experience working? or Simply reading?

I "wrote and passed" 3 exams in 3 weeks to get my MCSA...but you have to also factor in the 4 months of work that I had put into 291, Network+ and MCDST.

Your friend either went to some sort of a bootcamp...or you have to question his methods of passing.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    2 months for 7 exams? icon_rolleyes.gif
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    icroyal wrote:
    Getting MCSE in 2 months with not that much knowledge of Windows Server systems is impossible. I put in 40-50 hours a week studying for my MCSE and it's taking me 8-9 months (although I'm very detail focused) which includes my A+ and Network+ with a few months of prior experience.

Getting your entire MCSE in 2 months with not any real Server experience definitely requires **** materials in my opinion.

Even if it was legit, consuming all the information in 2 months is not going to make it stick. He will go into the job not knowing what the heck he is doing. It's ridiculous how many paper MCSEs that are out there.

Well said icon_thumright.gif
    stonecold26.jpg
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    These echo my thoughts.

He has gone to some boot camp in South Africa for this. he mentioned thinking of it about a month & half ago so lets say he has been studying since then with on the job work as detailed above.

I guess we will just have to wait two months and see what he comes back with.

I completely agree then he 'may' come back with it but what he remembers will be very little.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools