Options

Wikipedia Information

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
I was looking for some clarification on some network plus topics and I was wondering if any of you felt that the information from Wikipedia was unreliable.

Any thoughts?

mgmguy1
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check here for clarification on topics for the Network+

http://www.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Remember that wikipedia is updated by anyone who wants to add something to it.

I'm not saying its correct, or incorrect... just don't use it as your only source of study material
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    I think Wikipedia can be a good source of information, but just like anything on the Internet, anyone can become an 'expert' but publishing a web page. But sometimes at the end of the entries, there are URLs where you can get more info.

Your milage may vary...
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    RaushanRaushan Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is what it says on wikipedia about the Network+ exam:
    Network+ is a certification that attempts to measure skill as a network technician: understanding of network hardware, installation, and troubleshooting. Topics include network hardware, connections and software, and different protocols used in Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks. Network+ prepares one for continuing to Microsoft certifications and Cisco certifications. A combination A+/Network+ or A+/Server+ certification can fulfill the elective exam requirement of the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification. The Exam itself is 90 minutes long consisting of 85 questions with a passing score of 554 out of 900.

I have one question about that... If you hold an A+ Certificate and Network+ and/or Server+ Certificate, does that mean you are MCSA certified? The process is very vague at wiki...

Thnx alot!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    A combination A+/Network+ or A+/Server+ certification can fulfill the elective exam requirement of the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification.
    So it can only be used as the 'elective' exam for the MCSA, not the entire MCSA requirements.

icon_arrow.gifwww.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Raushan wrote:
    I have one question about that... If you hold an A+ Certificate and Network+ and/or Server+ Certificate, does that mean you are MCSA certified? The process is very vague at wiki...

No, it just fulfills the elective portion of MCSA. You still need to take the 3 MS core exams which include 70-290, 70-291, and either 70-210 or 70-270.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx

Microsoft.com is better than wikipedia for microsoft stuff, comptia.org is better than wikipedia for CompTIA stuff, etc. My opinion only.

EDIT - Excuse my slow typing... (sigh)... icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Microsoft.com is better than wikipedia for microsoft stuff, comptia.org is better than wikipedia for CompTIA stuff, etc. My opinion only.
    I agree, including the 'etc'.

wiki-banned.jpg