Options

Computer to LCD TV Connection

telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
I am building my first computer with a friend of mine and he wants to be able to connect his computer to his LCD TV. I know HDMI is the best way to go, but what do you think about using DVI or even S-Video. He says HDMI is to expensivie for him. Any suggestions on a decent video card that would give me this option to connect to his monitor, TV and aslo i beleive he wants to be able to connect his videocamera to the computer to download his movies and pictures. He is not a gamer, just a home user.
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    The keys are what video outputs are on his video card and what video inputs are on his LCD monitor. With digital being better than analog (composite), use at least S-video on both ends, which is just fine for non-gaming applications. His LCD monitor probably has a DVI input too, but cheaper video cards don't have DVI output. If the TV only has DVI and HDMI inputs, you can use a DVI-to-HDMI converter to connect it to a DVI video card.