Options

Server 2003 - Identify Services Dependant on Admin Account

JLLJLL Inactive Imported Users Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Does anyone know of an efficient way to identify services that are dependant of the Administrator account? I need to reset the Administrator password and would hate to check them one by one and/or fix them as they fail after the reset.

Thanks in advance.

JLL

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Save the following to filename.vbs. Go to start > run > and do cscript filename.vbs.
    strComputer = "."
    Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
    & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process")

For Each objProcess in colProcessList
    colProperties = objProcess.GetOwner(strNameOfUser,strUserDomain)
    Wscript.Echo "Process " & objProcess.Name & " is owned by " _
    & strUserDomain & "\" & strNameOfUser & "."
    Next

Edit: Er nvm, that's owner of process, not service account dependencies.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Here you go:
    http://blogs.brnets.com/michael/archive/2006/03/23/2515.aspx

It's pretty nice, it will work on multiple computers as well. You create a .txt file and put a list of computers in there and the script will check all those computers and let you know if any non-system accounts are set to launch a service. This will allow you to go to those services, and change the passwords for those specific services.
  • Options
    Shouldn't the script identify services instead of processes? I would like an output file that would list the exact name of the service so I can go directly to the server and locate it.
  • Options
    JLL wrote:
    Shouldn't the script identify services instead of processes? I would like an output file that would list the exact name of the service so I can go directly to the server and locate it.

Read my entire first post where I correct myself saying I gave you an incorrect script. Then read my 2nd post where I give you the correct thing.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You will also want to check scheduled tasks on each server as well...
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    Thanks guys! There were only a few that I had to fix.

JLL