Options

How hard would you rate this exam.

t-little-babyt-little-baby Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
How hard would you rate this exam, from 1 being lowest and 10 being the highest? Also, if you answer this question, could you provide your length of experience in the IT field?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    dabve3dabve3 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would probably give it a 7. It is not really difficult but Microsoft makes there questions pretty tricky. As long as you have good study material you should be able to pass.

I have been in the IT field for 2 months now as a network administrator.
  • Options
    zebra-3zebra-3 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    small hint.

if you pass the 270, you can go for the 271 easily, it's almost the same exam, 271 being easier.
  • Options
    davetuckdavetuck Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd rate it as about a 5, but I've been supporting 2k/xp for a living since 1999.

Its really hard to rate the difficulty of an exam though, I'm pursuing CCNA at the moment and finding it really hard by comparison, but if I'd beeen supporting cisco all this time I'm sure i'd rate it as easy. (If only!).
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    I would sday it's about an 8 because for many peopel this is the first Ms style exam they write so you need to learn on the fly how to weed out thier tricks as well most people who persue this exam do not have much domain experience so so not understand how everything interacts.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with Smallguy. It's about an 8 because it's your first MS-style exam. When you do 291, 270 will feel like a 5 or 6 difficulty.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    icroyal wrote:
    I agree with Smallguy. It's about an 8 because it's your first MS-style exam. When you do 291, 270 will feel like a 5 or 6 difficulty.
    I couldn't agree more! All through the 70-270 exam I was thinking "holy crap, when am I going to get an easy, straightforward question that doesn't have a paragraph of stuff to weed through?", and it never came. Since I knew what to expect going into 70-290, I was much more relaxed and confident, and scored almost 100 points higher. At this rate, I should ace 70-291! (j/k)