Mini home LAN

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

I have a PC and a Laptop in my home and i am trying to c$ into the PC from the laptop and its coming up with a guest login, i have enabled the guest login on both and set the password but to no avail, when i enter the password it just comes up again asking for the password.

This is a dumb question for someone of my talent so be nice, lol

Lee H

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The guest account does not need a password to log on. Basically, what is happening in your situation, is you are trying to access a share on a computer in which is in another workstation/domain from you. It is requiring you to enter administrator credentials from an account that is located on the computer which holds the share and has permission to it.

Personally, i'd never recommend the use of the everyone group. Only time I've ever seen it in use is at a lan party where everyone shared out their storage folders, enabled everyone group read access, and enable the guest account so people wouldn't have to use passwords to get access to the share.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Lee H wrote:
    Hi

I have a PC and a Laptop in my home and i am trying to c$ into the PC from the laptop and its coming up with a guest login, i have enabled the guest login on both and set the password but to no avail, when i enter the password it just comes up again asking for the password.

c$ is administrative share, only members of the administrators group can access that share. If you want to use the Guest account, you have to add a seperate share on that drive, ie c, and set permissions accordingly.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/windows_share_your_folders.mspx?mfr=true
    Jack of all trades, master of none