Options

1 week away...any tips?

Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
I am taking the the 640-801 on saturday the 27th. I have spent the last week on all vlans and mastering them (was hard since i don't have a 2950 in my lab).

What should i focus my efforts on for the next 7 days during the homestrech? I was thinking about doing a lab and practice test each day for each topic. Then the night before the test, practice subnetting so it's fresh in my head.

Any ideas?Thanks
i herd u leik mudkips lol

Comments

• Options
    mrkoreanmrkorean Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do lots of multiple questions and know all the configuration/verify commands by heart.

Thats what I concentrated on during the last week before my exam and I passed my CCNA yesterday! :D
  • Options
    djmddjmd Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    of course a lot of lab work will help... the sims really aren't that hard but the simplest little thing on them can screw you up.

I will try not to violate the NDA on this but I was totally stumped on a Sim on my exam last monday. Seemed easy enough. Something wasn't working, but I only had one console connection and it wasn't connected to the router I needed to be connected to. I gave up on the sim and realized two days later they were probably just wanting me to telnet to the other router to fix the problem... icon_rolleyes.gif don't let simple things like this get you off track.

I also spent a lot of time in the last few days memorizing the little things too, like ADs, timer defaults, etc.

If you know the material pretty well, don't cram too hard the day before the exam... that can lead to anxiety big time. Get a good night's sleep before the exam and before you go in there spend 10 minutes taking some deep breaths.