LDIFDE, CSVDE, DSADD, DSMOD, DSQUERY commands

dsimons2001dsimons2001 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am just curious how in-depth my knowledge of using the LDIFDE, CSVDE, DSADD, DSMOD, DSQUERY commands needs to be for the 70-290? I am currently viewing CBT Nuggets and the trainer is writing batch files for each command. Will I need to know how to write these types of files in the proper format? Or will I just need to know the basics of each of these and what they are used for? Thanks.

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't worry, you only need to know the basics of those commands and what they are generally used for. You won't need to know all of the switches and how to write scripts. Just know how you can use the commands, how you can pipe one into another, etc... What I did was, whenever I created a user, moved a user, or any of that, I would use the DS commands instead of the GUI to help myself become more familiar with the commands.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icroyal wrote:
    Don't worry, you only need to know the basics of those commands and what they are generally used for. You won't need to know all of the switches and how to write scripts. Just know how you can use the commands, how you can pipe one into another, etc... What I did was, whenever I created a user, moved a user, or any of that, I would use the DS commands instead of the GUI to help myself become more familiar with the commands.

I agree with icroyal, and his advice on using the command line instead of the GUI is spot on. Even if you use the GUI, figure out how you would have done it from the command line. Run a few dsqueries just to see the output and match it against what you see in ADUC.
    All things are possible, only believe.