Options

Question about job description...

Successful candidate will posses strong knowledge of Windows Server (and SBS) 2003, Exchange 2003, Active Directory, WTS, firewall and VPN technologies

What is WTS?

I cant find anything on google....

Is this a typo, or do they mean Windows Terminal Services?

Also, I was curious where you stand when it comes to money....

I have a chance to make atleast 15k+ more a year, if not 25k. I have worked before where I made really good money, but I worked all the time. I dont want to do that again. I was curious where you start to draw the line for your current employer... My boss is the best boss I have had by far. She has a great business and she treats everyone excellent. I am just not happy with my current salary.... I am more looking out on the market to see what I am worth and let my boss know that a raise is in order.

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    WTS should be Windows Terminal Server (or Terminal Services), though uncommon, I've seen it used before.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    WTS should be Windows Terminal Server (or Terminal Services), though uncommon, I've seen it used before.

Agreed. WTS or just TS as we usually shorthand it internally.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    You have to remember that most job descriptions are typed up by recruitment agency staff who have little or no knowledge of IT just after they get off the phone with a client. Just read between the lines of what you think the client is actually after.
    Kam.