Password Protected .PST

mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
Does anyone know how I can access a password protected .pst file?
Working on Linux+

Comments

• SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    I just googled it and found there are a number of tools

I'm not sure if any of them work as i've never ued one

but here are the search results

http://www.google.com/search?q=crack+password+protected+PST&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

just make sure u have a back up incase
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    I found a couple tools as well. The one I found worked, but you have to pay for it. However, the evaluation copy did recover passwords NOT longer than 4 characters. But if you're password isn't more than 4 characters, why even have one?

Another tool I found, pst19upg.exe, which is supposed to update the format of the .pst file or something, I couldn't get to work.

But thanks for the reply and I'll keep looking around for some more possibilities.
    Working on Linux+
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You'll have to pay for it. If the information is important enough the software isn't that expensive for your company to foot the bill.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    which one did you use................
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    OPasRec10.exe. The pst19upg.exe I couldn't get to work. It's a command line tool, but I just kept getting error messages. A website I found said you needed to use 3 times the amount of the memory that the original .pst file used...? I had no idea, but I don't think it was that big of a deal.
    Working on Linux+