Options

BGP route reflector question

dyablodyablo Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
from BSCI sample test (45 questions):

14. BGP route reflector servers follow which of the following protocol rules? Choose all that apply.

a. Updates from external peers are reflected to the routers clients and all other route reflectors servers.
b. Updates from internal non-clients are reflected to all non-clients for all BGP routes.
c. The internal updates from non-clients are reflected to all clients and no other routers.
d. The updates from a client are reflected to all other BGP routers in the AS

Answer(s):
a. Updates from external peers are reflected to the routers clients and all other route reflectors servers.
c. The internal updates from non-clients are reflected to all clients and no other routers.

From Clare Gough's Book:

if the route is recieved from a client, then the route reflector reflects/forwards the update to clients and non-clients, except for the route originator.

given this statement, why would not answer D above also be correct. Is it because the answer says relected instead of forwarded?
Douglas Yablonski

Comments

• Options
    sikdoggsikdogg Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dyablo wrote:
    from BSCI sample test (45 questions):

d. The updates from a client are reflected to all other BGP routers in the AS

...why would not answer D above also be correct. Is it because the answer says relected instead of forwarded?

Because "all other BGP routers in the AS" may not be route reflector clients.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I think dyablo has a point here. The thing is that I hired an author to write about 25 BSCI questions, in particular the BGP questions... Although the author certainly knows his stuff, he (or I while adding it to our test engine) may have forgotten to set the answer d as 'correct = yes'. I'm not able to contact him...

I've been looking for the exception in "all other BGP routers in the AS" but (and I have the same book by Clare Gough) I can't think of any. I passed the BSCI exam but certainly am not an BGP expert (why I hired someone else to write them...). I can only agree with dyablo...
    Sikkdog wrote:
    Because "all other BGP routers in the AS" may not be 'route reflector clients
    Like Clare writes: "if the route is recieved from a client, then the route reflector reflects/forwards the update to clients and non-clients"

Clients and non-clients in the same AS (except for the originator)' is the same as 'all other routers in the AS'..., including other route-reflectors (sometimes called servers) and their clients... right?