Options

problems with Win2k SP4

motherwolfmotherwolf Member Posts: 117
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone has ever had a problem with Win2k hanging on re-boot after upgrading to servce pack 4. I get an error message saying NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt, please replace or press R to repair, etc, etc. I don't have the original installation disk so my initial thought was to copy the file from a functioning PC to my USB drive and replace it that way. But I can't even get into safe mode and I even tried Last Known Good Configuration to no avail. I researched the problem on the web and found some instances of people having the same problem but unfortunately no one had a solution. I'm probably going to have to Ghost the drive but thought I'd post here first to see if anyone had a fix. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Without an install disk, you are probably out of luck icon_sad.gif
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Does the service pack installation log file or the event log indicate any problems that occurred during the update, or that the service pack installation failed? There may have been a pre-existing problem in the registry or file system that the service pack installation hit.