Newbie Questions

mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
Hi, I am thinking of starting this exam to go for my MCSA. Few questions..

1. To practice, how many test PCs should you have?

2. I am A+, Network+, Linux+ and have a degree in Internetworking. Will I find this over my head at all?

3. If I want to do Vista for my 70-270 equivalent exam. Can I do that? How would that work?
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mog27 wrote:
    1. To practice, how many test PCs should you have?

One computer with a lot of memory so you can use VMWare or Virtual Server, or 2 computers minimum, a client and server. If you can manage it, 2 servers and 1 workstation would be best. Most people opt for a single fast computer and then use VM software to create a couple of servers.
    mog27 wrote:
    2. I am A+, Network+, Linux+ and have a degree in Internetworking. Will I find this over my head at all?

No, you should be fine. Do you have any experience with servers?
    mog27 wrote:
    3. If I want to do Vista for my 70-270 equivalent exam. Can I do that? How would that work?

You got me there. I haven't seen anything official (only beta) exams for Vista yet, and with the new wave of certifications:

icon_arrow.gifhttp://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/default.mspx

I don't know if they will add Vista as an elective. I haven't checked any of this on MS site though, so I could be wrong.
    All things are possible, only believe.