Options

Best web host to post up resume and cover letter?

I am looking for a web host to upload my resume and cover letter.

I know that there are free web host sites like geocities but the bandwidth limit is very low.

Can somebody please recommend a good web host site? (Preferable free)

Comments

• Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    um ..... monster ???

techjobs ????
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    I've recently heard that jobster.com is gaining in popularity over monster.com. Apparently, Jobster is much easier and more helpful for recruiters to use than many other job sites. I don't know if this is true, but I thought I'd mention it.

If you simply want to post your resume to a Web hosting site and hope employers find it, the deals from GoDaddy.com are as good as any. A free alternative is any of the blogging sites.
  • Options
    MunckMunck Member Posts: 150
    I only use LinkedIn these days. You might want to check it out. I see it gaining momentum - I got two job offers via that last month :)
  • Options
    Munck wrote:
    I only use LinkedIn these days.
    That's a good point; you can post your resume on a free LinkedIn.com account where it is Web-accessible. There are a bunch of recruiters on there farming job seekers too. When signing up for a LinkedIn account, put your email address in your name to make it easier for people to contact you.
  • Options
    drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    jdmurray wrote:
    ...put your email address in your name to make it easier for people to contact you.

I certainly have my email up...but I don't use "@ and I don't use ."...instead, I use "AT" for @ and "DOT" for ".".

So an example of my email might be:

drakhan2002ATgmailDOTcom

That way, I don't get "farmed" by a phisher or spammer. People who are sincerely interested in contacting me are, I hope, intelligent enough to figure out my email address. So far, they have been...
    It's not the moments of pleasure, it's the hours of pursuit...
  • Options
    I let Gmail do my spam and email phishing filtering for me, so I don't have a problem publicly posting my jdmurray@gmail.com email address. Very little spam gets through to my Gmail inbox.