pretty cool.... icon_cool.gif
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds more like a hoax. ^^
    Interesting, regardless.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    If anyone believed that was real *AND* has a CWNA certification, you can just tear up that cert and hang your head in shame as you ask yourself, "how is an Ethernet cable plugged into a NIC suppose to act like a Wi-Fi antenna?"

Search digg.com for "Mark Erickson" to find out more about his "ever-so-phony" yet "ever-so-real" tech videos.
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Ahh, I totally believed every word. He is so convincing! I mean why wouldn't a network cable increase wifi? It totally makes sense. I mean you plug in a wired connection and magically your wireless connection gets better.... Sounds logical to me.

icon_lol.gif
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TechJunky wrote:
    Ahh, I totally believed every word. He is so convincing! I mean why wouldn't a network cable increase wifi? It totally makes sense. I mean you plug in a wired connection and magically your wireless connection gets better.... Sounds logical to me.

icon_lol.gif

And it works even better if the LAN cable happens to be yellow or white rather than blue or red. The lighter color doesn't create as much heat, slowing things down. Also make sure the cable doesn't have any kinks that may impede the flow of molecules... icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
    I actually think that fiber is the ideal cable for this, since it has such an abundance of bandwidth. I went and bought 1km of single mode fiber and wow, I get wiress networks like you wouldn't beleive!!!!!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    That's a pretty funny video. Reminds me of those old infomercials for "cell phone signal boosters" you'd put behind your battery, and your cell phone would magically work in tunnels and in out-of-service areas.

(Wonder if we'll see that Oxy Clean guy or Tony Little doing videos like this?)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Tony Little better pitch in. Didn't you know that oxy clean makes your antenna cleaner and thus makes your signal cleaner?
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yup. Use Oxy-Clean to put a nice shine on your WiFi antennae, and then I like to drink a bottle of Windex so I don't run around without any clothes on.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.