practice exams suggestions?

whizkidtheproducerwhizkidtheproducer Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I m not implying cheating but I need questions that are near the real thing. I have found that the ones on the ms press books are not . They are close but totally different phasing. Should I just go thru the books and just continue to do the practice questions and in the back to the prepare for the exam section.

I would just like a good procedure in preparing for these tests and actually passing. I just don't think my study method has been very good.
"These cert tests make me nervous and anxious"-whizkid

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There are several things you could do to improve your knowledge intake and help you remember the material you are studying. I will explain what worked for me. Study methods are different for everyone, but this is the method I use to help me.

The method I use to study:
    1. Get my feet wet with CBT Nuggets even if I don't know the topic.
    2. Begin reading my main book
    3. While reading, I will use sticky notes and use them as a bookmark when I want to review information that spans >1 page. If the information is a paragraph or so, I will summarize it into my own words and write it into a notebook.
    4. Every so often, even while I'm reading, I will go back to my notebook and read what is in there.
    5. I will always do the chapter questions. If I get something wrong, I make sure I understand why, and if needed, I will go back and review that information. I also try to understand why the wrong answers were incorrect.
    6. I then finish the book and then use either an e-book or use a hardcover to review information.
    7. I then review any CBT Nuggets when I want some extra clarification.
    8. I then use a practice exam package such as Transcenders which tests me on my readiness. I'll warn you though, do not use this unless you feel you are completely ready. After the 1st usage, you have many of the questions/answers in your head which won't properly test your readiness your second time around.

You're looking for questions that closely resemble the exam. Transcenders is a legitimate product that closely resembles the exam, but are not real questions and answers. They help you get a feel for your readiness. I advise you to use them how I suggested in step #8.

Good luck with your studies and let us know how you do!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    whizkidtheproducer:

This is the second time you've alluded to practice tests "close to the real tests". I won't link to the first thread, but please be on notice that you're treading thin ice when you word your questions that way. You're welcome to participate in the forums and seek help/advice or even offer help/advice to others, but take the advice icroyal and others have offered. Transcenders are expensive, but may be what you need.

We all understand the frustration of failing exams even though you know you KNOW the material. Hang in there, and experiment with different study methods until you find something that works for you. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Two more things:
    1. Please try to come up with a better subject for the topic than just 'huh' or 'no' as others reading these forums would like to know something about the content of the topic before actually having to read it.

2. You can probably imagine hundreds of others have gone before you, so you might just want to read over older topics before posting a new one. I'm sure you can find more than one recommedation for practice exams based on the experience of others:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/search.php

Good luck!