Messaging Programs

TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
Any of you use a corporate IM software?? (other than the gerneric MSN, Skype, Yahoo, etc)

One of my clients wants a high end one for their office/branches...

Thanks.
On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    We are getting ready to test and roll out Microsoft Live Communications Server at our place. If your customer uses Exchange and/or SharePoint this software integrates with both. For example, in your outlook you could see their presence info from the IM software, and in the IM client you can see things like their current availability to message based out thier outlook calendar or out of office message.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • lanehlaneh Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SameTime
    Famous last words of a redneck - "Hey ya'll, watch this!"
  • KhattabKhattab Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LCS (Live Communication Server) isnt bad at all.... easy to administer, and easy to use because it looks pretty much identical to MSN.

Integrates with AD, Exchange etc.... i used it at my old workplace and liked it so much that we're now using it at our currently workplace.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Live Communications Server + Office Communicator ftw!