Options

Passed 294, 1 more to MCSE

kovokovo Member Posts: 122
Passed with my highest score in any MS exam 968. Found that i could relate to almost everything in this exam from my job, which made it the easiest out of the 6 ive done so far. 297 next and MCSE. Material used Sybex, Lab, daily experience dealing with AD. Any tips on 297, does it overlap much of what 294 delivered?

Comments

• Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Congratz!!!
    does it overlap much of what 294 delivered?

Yes and also 291.

This is what I thought of the exam.
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass and excellent score. I found the 297 to be mostly all review and the material was rather easy. It was the exam format that made that exam a bit more difficult. It introduced a few new topics such as migrations, in-place upgrades from nt4, moving data from a nt4 server to a new 2k3 box, business structures and how to adapt your environment to their business structure, and a couple other things. But like I stated, the exam is mostly review.

Good luck with 297 and don't hesitate to ask any questions that you may have!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    kovokovo Member Posts: 122
    Ive got the Sybex text book orderd for 297, so it is mainly review of same material from 294? Just in case senarios? Much difference in Sybex and MS books for 297 or do they overlap the same info from 294?
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would say 65% of the exam is review. I only used the Sybex book for this exam, so I would not be able to give an objective view regarding Sybex vs Mspress for this exam.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    LERXSTLERXST Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice score. I am going to take 294 on Thursday and am going the 298 route to get the security specialization.
  • Options
    BF2MadBF2Mad Member Posts: 171
    Congrats :D

I am taking this one on Monday, good luck with 297