Options

How to register (not ur typical situation)

OK guys,

Here is the deal. I was CCNA having originally passed in 2000. I took that exam in the United States.

I am now living in Japan. As soon as I finish redoing the CCNA, I am going to jump into CCNP, CCDA, and CCDP.

Should I re-register with my original ID I created when I took the test in the states, which I don't remember by the way. Or, should I just create a new ID here in Japan through the Japanese prometric? I don't see it how it should matter that my expired CCNA won't be on my new record, but I just wanted to ask to make sure.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you still have the same email address that you used before you can try the password recovery request on the prometric site.

Since you don't care about the old CCNA, then the only reason I can think of to get back into your old logins (prometric and Cisco Certification Tracking System) is to avoid the 4-6 month lag between Prometric and Cisco "syncing up" on your new Cisco ID. As long as you don't change test centers from Prometric to Vue during that time you shouldn't have any problems.

And if you do change from Prometric to Vue and wind up with 2 new Cisco IDs-- Cisco Certification Support can "merge" them back into one Cisco ID (eventually icon_lol.gif )
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    Hi Mike,

What do you mean by "synching up" with Prometric/Cisco. I just passed my CCNA a couple weeks ago, and was hoping that when my cert came in the mail, it would contain my Cisco ID so I can login, and use it when I take my Cisco CCNP. Are you telling me it takes 6 freaking months before you can get the Cisco ID? icon_eek.gif My goodness I hope that is not true.

- Optimus
  • Options
    You'll get the Cisco ID within 10 days (usually sooner).... You can use the info on the score report and your testing ID to login and find out what your Cisco ID is. I took my CCNA on a Friday and was in on the following Tuesday.

It was 5 or 6 months before Prometric got the Cisco ID back from Cisco... and there was no way I ever found to tell Prometric what it was before then.

If you create accounts on both Vue and Prometric before you have your ID and then take exams at both types of testing centers -- that's where you can get issued a 2nd Cisco ID.

You should have gotten an email (check your spam filter) by now telling you to log in to the Cisco Certification Tracking site and verify the information they got from Prometric or Vue.
  • Options
    Deadmaster200Deadmaster200 Member Posts: 145
    Hey Mike,

I don't think we have Vue over here.
    So, if I register with Prometric over here, I won't have any problems when/if I go back to the States, right?

Cool, thanks for the info.
  • Options
    nipponbiki wrote:
    So, if I register with Prometric over here, I won't have any problems when/if I go back to the States, right?
    Right -- no problems.... as long as you don't forget or lose your new Prometric test ID and/or password or lose/forget/change your email address.

After all the exams I know my Prometric Test ID by heart and still use that to login into the Cisco CCIE Lab Scheduling System. As for my Cisco ID, I think it starts with a "C" -- I finally put one of the certification wallet cards in my wallet in case I ever need to know it.

Good Luck on your exams! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    Hi Mike,

I took a gander and looked at my socre report, and by using the test ID, and then using my email address I was able to get my login information. Once logged in, my CISCO ID was there waiting for me :)

Then I ventured over to my profile, and wouldn't you know it, THEY DON'T HAVE MY UNIT NUMBER DOWN FOR THE CONDO THAT I LIVE IN!. I guess my cert (which was mailed on 29thJAN, fast huh!?) is going to make it all the way to my 328 unit condo complex, and if the mailman does'nt know my name I am screwed, and the thing will go all the way back to Cisco. I am in Singapore, so its no short hop count. icon_cry.gif

I updated my address, and guess I will have to ask for a resend. It looks like they do offer that service. Damn the Prometric-Cisco connection interface. If it were a protocol, it would be UDP, not TCP, that is for sure. icon_rolleyes.gif

- Optimus