Options

TFT Monitors – Screen Resolution

LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just wanted to clarify something. If I was to get a large screen such as this one: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/94163/lg-l204wt.html and run Windows at the screens optimal resolution of 1,680 x 1,050, would I notice a lot of tearing / blotching if I was to run games at 1280 x 1024? I appreciate that TFT screens are always meant to be run at their optimal resolution but surely that’s impossible without a nice high end GFX card with a screen like that?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You wouldn't really notice it. I have one of the Gateway 21" monitors but I run it at 1680x1050 in games since I have a 7900GTX. Even with that card, I still have fps problems in some games at 1680x1050. I'll try playing a game at a lower resolution later tonight or tomorrow and see if I get any tearing issues. Newer graphic intensive games would probably bring my fps way down. Doesn't bother me too much, I haven't play games often anymore. Also, even if I don't notice tearing issues, it all depends on the monitor.

I would check out widescreengaming.com. They basically have a master list of pretty much every game and if it supports wide screen natively or how to configure the games to allow for a wide screen gaming experience. It's a really helpful website for those gamers who have widescreens. They also have a plethora of information related to gaming with an lcd screen.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks mate! :) Much appreciated.