Options

score report wording

analogueanalogue Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, I Wondered if anyone could clear this up once and for all for me..

You missed one or more questions in the following objective areas

This statement means you did what exactly ?
It appears it does not mean you missed questions (english, missed=didnt answer)
As i answered all questions and all those left for revue were answered.

Please help as im easily confused

I passed the exam hooraaa

cheers

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    that list is a subset of the entire list of objectives that the exam tests you on.

The list represents areas that you missed as it states, meaning you didnt answer correctly when asked to perform the particular objective.

congrats on the pass btw~
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    Thanks for your answer, I was worried that the questions i left for revue at the end of the exam had somehow been marked as not answered .......even though i made sure they were all answered before finnishing the exam.

As long as i know that it means you answered questons in certain objectives incorrectly im happy.

thx for your help
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I agree, they should replace "you missed" with "you incorrectly answered", that is much more clear.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I agree, they should replace "you missed" with "you incorrectly answered", that is much more clear.

It's interesting that you mention the wording 'analogue', I'm guessing English isn't your first language?? This is something that CompTIA should consider since the exams are administered globally. However, for as long as I can recall in my lifetime, 'missed' has been a very common way to note incorrect answers on a test....though as I'm learning more languages as well as helping kids learn English..."Incorrect" would is a far better way to express the results.

English can be very difficult to learn.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Well im quite put out , I am English, funny how Vue, Comptia and others including a training facility in the UK could not categorically asure me what missed actually meant.

I expect this expression has stemmed from the US

Here end this thread !

thanks for all your help everyone.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Personally, I dont see anything wrong with the wording.

They have objectives (targets), you are writing an exam to perform in compliance to what they are "targetting". If you are not correct, you've "missed" the target.

If you miss enough of these objectives, you will not pass the exam because you did not comply to what they were looking for.

Anyway...had a bad day..just a bit of rant.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    analogue wrote:
    Well im quite put out , I am English, funny how Vue, Comptia and others including a training facility in the UK could not categorically asure me what missed actually meant.

I expect this expression has stemmed from the US

Here end this thread !

thanks for all your help everyone.

It sounds as though I offended you and that was not my intent!! My apologies icon_redface.gif

I would guess that the Americanized slang is a virus spreading rampant across the globe, and it's noticeable when people post, if they take the time to spell words and use them correctly they are either older Americans, British or just about any aged European. This isn't always true, but generally when someone bothers to write English with proper Capitalization and Punctuation they've been taught well and our schools are failing when it comes to educating our youth on how to write.

Incorrect is indeed a better word then 'missed', however missed has been used for at least 40 years in the US as a way to show wrong answers.

Ex. of a recent High School Graduate's thank you note: (this is what he sent us for our gift....I am not joking...this is a 'formal written note'):
    Thax four the gift of $$. Yuv ben such good freinds over the yers. UR alwayz good freinds i m happy to no u. thaxs again...'person's name'.

Working with several cultures over they years, Guatamaleans, Mexican, Aussies, New Zealand, Dutch, German, Korean and Vietnamese, it is not uncommon for myself or one of them to not understand each other by the choice of wording making the conversation very 'fun' and educational as words/phrases we take for the norm in the US....not how the rest of the world speaks. I learned European Spanish in school, but then worked with Guatamaleans and eventually Mexicans... neither of those cultures speak European Spanish, but though some practice and listening we'd figure out what the other was trying to say.

Again, by your initial response I mistook you for not using English as your primary language. You didn't list your country in your profile....so I was left to guess from your response that the wording threw you because it was something completely new.

Again, my intent wasn't to offend you I was attempting to help with the confusion of the wording. Sorry.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Thanks everyone , no offence taken. You cleared up my concerns / thoughts.

Cheers

Analogue