Options

Overlap with other vendor Security courses

AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hi folks,

I'm hopefully going to finish up with the CCSP in 2 weeks and was considering doing the CCSA to round out my knowledge a little. How much overlap would you say there is between the Cisco and Checkpoint courses (by which I mean how much common ground is there in the depth of understanding in IPSec, Firewall principals etc. rather than the actual vendor configuration specifics)?

Thanks.
We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?

Comments

• Options
    sekure70sekure70 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I finished my CCSE about 6 months ago and just finished my CCSP today. Overall, the basics will be common regardless of the certification you are taking. By basics I mean understanding of general firewall concepts such as packet filters, stateful inspection, application proxy etc. Understanding of IPSec, PKI, traffic flows and different attacks and their mitigation (i.e. how would you protect against a smurf attack....well, what is smurf?...) etc.

All that said, with Checkpoint and Cisco, you will take these concepts and apply them as per the solution/method that each provide.

Hope this helps.