Nice website

reefreef Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Looks like a great resource for helping me out with the exams I need to pass.

I am working on my MCDST, studying for the A+ Exam thru an IT Learning center in my local area, paid for by workmans comp. I personally don't like the experience I am having with this, it seems a little much to ask to complete this in 2 to 3 months like I was told. But Im hopeful I can get a job once I have the certififications in A+ and Network+, mostly because of the jobs available working for the county I live in. And the finish up the desktop support tech portion while working...... icon_confused.gif

Anyway, thanks to whomever made this website!

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi reef, welcome aboard. Best of luck to you with your studies, I know it can seem difficult to absorb everything in a short period of time, but the effort is worth it. Feel free to ask questions here, there are lots of helpful people around.

Oh, and you can thank Webmaster for the site. icon_wm.gif
    He built this site from the ground up. Although he is quick to give a lot of credit to others, he really is the foundation of the success and popularity of TE. He's a nice guy and we all like him, too. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Welcome Reef!

Just as Sprkymrk commented, the comments are nice and this site wouldn't be as useful if we didn't have the members we have....however Webmaster started it all and we just follow his lead (despite what he says)

Props to Webmaster :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to the site! The Techexams community is definitely a great place with so many intelligent people who are so friendly and willing to help people out to the best of their ability. Much thanks to all the people who contribute to the community and to the mods and Webmaster (Johan) for starting this great community!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • reefreef Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I am finding this website very helpful so far.

I'm new to "learning" on my own the way this "learning" center works but I don't have a choice right now. I have been the person in my family or network of friends that they come to for computer problems, hardware upgrades because it was either me or paying for someone to do it for them so I am pretty confident on passing the exams. It's funny because I just read the instructions and did it, no big deal to me.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    reef wrote:
    I have been the person in my family or network of friends that they come to for computer problems, hardware upgrades because it was either me or paying for someone to do it for them so I am pretty confident on passing the exams. It's funny because I just read the instructions and did it, no big deal to me.

Many of us started out the exact same way. However, don't under estimate the exams. There is a lot you have to know that you don't learn by installing drives, swapping CPU's, and running all the freeware utilities you find on downloads.com. Check the A+ exam objectives and the MCDST exam objectives and be sure you know them. The exams are not rocket science, but they are not a walk-in-the-park either.

Good luck! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.