Options

An assumption I do not want to make.....

Practiced2DeathPracticed2Death Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am assuming that I am interpreting this correct....but I do not want to be worng here........

At the present time....up until sometime in June, I can still take the old 2003 version of the CompTIA A+ Exams, correct?

Furthermore, all I need to do is pass the CompTIA A+ OS and CompTIA A+ Hardware to become CompTIA A+ Certified. Am I correct in this as well?

Will there come a time when I will have to recertify?

I really do want to say that I appreciate the respect that I have seen on this board. For as many members as this board has...everyone is SOOOOOOOOO nice to each other.....and that means a lot.....especially since I am scared to death right about now. I only have less that 90 days to get certified.....I have a lot riding on this. If I fail.....my whole family suffers.

Comments

• Options
    BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The A+ 2003 exams will be retired on June 30, therefore you have enough time to complete both the A+ Hardware and OS tests. Once you complete both tests you'll be A+ certified for life so you don't have to worry about re-certifying :)
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19107

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14980

Will there come a time when I will have to recertify?
    There A+ is for life. However if you want to be certified with the current objectives then you would take the 2003 exams and also add the Essentials.

I really do want to say that I appreciate the respect that I have seen on this board. For as many members as this board has...everyone is SOOOOOOOOO nice to each other.....and that means a lot.....especially since I am scared to death right about now. I only have less that 90 days to get certified.....I have a lot riding on this. If I fail.....my whole family suffers.

Come on, I can understand some apprehension even for a first exam, but if your 'family suffers'....then maybe it's time to find another career path. A+ is hardly the exam to get worked-up about. And Dependng on the country you life it...in the US having an A+ might get you $8-12 (except they just raised the friggin min wage again...so maybe $9 to start). There is a heck of a lot of other occupations availalbe that you can start more then this rate. Like I stated, in the US. Construction pays a fair bit more, Sales, real estate, Bartending, Waitress/Waiter, Trucking, heck even fastfood in the bigger cities start around $9-10). Relax a little it's not a life and death exam......unless for some reason it is in your case???

Don't plan to fail...plan to pass. If you worry too much about how not to fail you'll miss the points it takes to pass. Success should be the goal!

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Come on, I can understand some apprehension even for a first exam, but if your 'family suffers'....then maybe it's time to find another career path. A+ is hardly the exam to get worked-up about. And Dependng on the country you life it...in the US having an A+ might get you $8-12 (except they just raised the friggin min wage again...so maybe $9 to start). There is a heck of a lot of other occupations availalbe that you can start more then this rate. Like I stated, in the US. Construction pays a fair bit more, Sales, real estate, Bartending, Waitress/Waiter, Trucking, heck even fastfood in the bigger cities start around $9-10). Relax a little it's not a life and death exam......unless for some reason it is in your case???

Don't plan to fail...plan to pass. If you worry too much about how not to fail you'll miss the points it takes to pass. Success should be the goal!

Ok....with all due respect....... I already have a 45k per year plus benefits offered that I accepted. It only has one contingency......that I pass the A+.

Believe me.....I could get into some rather looooooooooooong stories of how it came to this with my former job where I wore about 8 hats and then had some medical setbacks where I was told to get ONE job.....so I am....at a call center.

The part about having "a lot riding on this" is simply personal. My wife has cancer. My former employer had attrocious costs for her insurance....and we could not afford the bills.....this new employer has awesome benefits....and I cannot...nd will not pass that up. I hope that you can respect and understand that.

Under normal circumstances, I would not bring this up, but it seemed as if you got my statement wrong.

I will end this post, however, by jumping back to a posistive note. I do appreciate the fact that everyone here is so quick to help others and no one seems to have an arrogance attitude. I sincerely appreciate that.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□

Ok....with all due respect....... I already have a 45k per year plus benefits offered that I accepted. It only has one contingency......that I pass the A+.

Believe me.....I could get into some rather looooooooooooong stories of how it came to this with my former job where I wore about 8 hats and then had some medical setbacks where I was told to get ONE job.....so I am....at a call center.

The part about having "a lot riding on this" is simply personal. My wife has cancer. My former employer had attrocious costs for her insurance....and we could not afford the bills.....this new employer has awesome benefits....and I cannot...nd will not pass that up. I hope that you can respect and understand that.

Under normal circumstances, I would not bring this up, but it seemed as if you got my statement wrong.

I will end this post, however, by jumping back to a posistive note. I do appreciate the fact that everyone here is so quick to help others and no one seems to have an arrogance attitude. I sincerely appreciate that.

Sorry to hear for your situation. I sincerely hope you pass the A+, get the job, and things work out for the better. Good luck to you icon_exclaim.gif
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod

Very sorry to hear of your wife's condition!

Still I have to recommend to focus on Passing vs. not Passing. One thing to possibly look into before stressing too much is how this new employers insurance handles pre-existing conditions. By no means you don't need to reply to this here, but please do check into it. You may be adding extra stress to your study by aiming at something that won't be available. (grant it...if there is more pay...it will help either way).

I'll spare the spiritual speech as this isn't the place. There hopefully are people in your life who can be there for you both and possibly even support your career studies locally.
    Best wishes

(focus on the pass) :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    I'm focusing on the pass.....thanks to you guys!!!!!