Options

Video backgrounds in vista

skivesskives Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
I thought there was moving/ video backgrounds in vista ultimate? I can't figure out how to get that feature to work. Does anyone know how to? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    skubasteveskubasteve Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The feature you are refering to is 'DreamScene' and it's only available in Vista Ultimate, sort of. It is an 'Ultimate Extra' that was promoted as being released 1-31-07 in time for the release of the OS along with BitLocker and Hold'em. However, I see it as pretty much false advertisement as now it may not be released until mid-07. I'm pretty disappointed that M$ made such a big deal about this feature and it's not even close to being released. I attended a 'Launch Event' here in my area where they demo'd DreamScene, and they never mentioned it not being availble with the first round of Ultimate Extras released the same time as the OS. I think they promoted it just to give people just enough persuasion to fork out more $$$ for the Ultimate edition.
    "The search for static security - in the law and elsewhere - is misguided. The fact is security can only be achieved through constant change, adapting old ideas that have outlived their usefulness to current facts.”

-William Osler