WSUS Clients

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
How do you setup WSUS to send updates to your clients? I know its using Group Policy but does anyone know how or have a link?

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I did a search in google using the words "wsus group policy" and the first result returned was the following document:
    http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/51c8a814-6665-4d50-a0d8-2ae27e69ca7c1033.mspx?mfr=true

I'll assume that this is not what you were looking for since I'm sure you know how to use a search engine. It'll allow me and/or others to better answer what you are confused about.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Thats exactly what i was after, sorry for being vague.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    billybob01 wrote:
    Thats exactly what i was after, sorry for being vague.

I really do not want to sound like a jerk here, so please don't take it as that. I'm trying to be helpful when I state this, I really am. You stated in your original question that you had a question about wsus and group policy. As I stated, I did a search for "wsus group policy" which returned that document as the first result. If you are going into computers, you really should know how to find this sort of stuff. There is a plethora of information on the web regarding this exact subject. Sometimes you are going to have to find information in docs that is not so abundant. Asking questions is a good thing, but people really should put in effort finding information themselves first. This will also help you find other material and learn stuff along the way.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks