Passed with 873!

SpunkerspawnSpunkerspawn Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just wanted to thank this site for directing me to the proper resources to study for the 070-270 exam. I just passed it with a score of 873! :)
My exam was quite varied I couldn't say that it focused on a certain portion of a category more than another, but from what I remember I got a couple of security questions, networking questions and some questions regarding IIS.

Thanks again!

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing and obtaining your MCP certification! What's next for you?
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • SpunkerspawnSpunkerspawn Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hope to go for the 290 : )

I have a fair bit of experience in Windows 2003 but I doubt it's enough to take this exam just now...

How long did you guys wait to take the 290 after passing the 270?
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I waited 3 years. It's only because I didn't have a desire due to my financial situation back then. I wanted to be able to purchase all of the CBT Nuggets, Transcenders, and a couple books for every exam. I got a job after my 70-270 working on supporting a network of 50 users alongside another administrator. I worked there for several months. I then went to finish my bachelor's degree and am now working at my current job as a Microsoft Consultant that provides me all the books, exam fees, and Transcenders. They also have the CBT Nugget archive server with all the CBT Nugget videos.

If I were you, I would try looking for a job that will help you improve on troubleshooting, network services, administration, etc. At the same time, I would begin your MCSA/MCSE track to help improve your knowledge. You will have to make a choice though depending on how much funds you have. Will you get 1 or 2 books? Will you purchase Transcenders? Will you purchase CBT Nuggets? It all depends on your financial situation and what you want to get out of your MCSA/MCSE certification.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • VantageUKVantageUK Member Posts: 111
    Well in, mate

Have a beer!

Charlie.