Options

Are there any cheap A+ hands on classes near San Jose?

heideggerheidegger Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'd go to community college but I'd have to wait some time.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    heidegger wrote:

If I understand CA colleges...I hear they are dirt cheap to attend, so what's wrong with a bit of a wait?

Otherwise, get some books like Meyers or Sybex and study when you have time.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    reefreef Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    heidegger wrote:

If I understand CA colleges...I hear they are dirt cheap to attend, so what's wrong with a bit of a wait?

Otherwise, get some books like Meyers or Sybex and study when you have time.

LMAO! Nothing is "dirt cheap" in CA at all.........

Look for a learning center nearby, might be one in Morgan Hill or Gilroy. I go to one in Salinas. Im not all that happy with it but Im not paying for it and I have time limitations on getting certified so I can get a job.
  • Options
    Dirt Cheap in that one of the instructors from a community college in CA posted that they couldn't get enough students to keep their program full and classes were only $15 a credit hour (due to the tax structure in CA).

So compared to the $180 a credit hour I paid 15-20 years ago....$15 was pretty cheap.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    reefreef Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, that is extremely cheap, wonder where the heck that was in CA........
  • Options
    Well the site he posted it on is down, or gone or dead so I couldn't confirm the city he was in, but I'm thinking SOCal area. This would have been posted in the last 3 years, so pricing may have increased some since then, but I couldn't say for sure...I'd not heard of anyone offering classes so cheap either. At that point they were having difficulty filling classes.

If I can narrow the discussion down for you (like through the way back website) I'll keep digging.
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    SteelySteely Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Suggestion:

I'm sure there's an ROP program in your area. I took advantage of the one in So. Cal. and it worked out great. I took both my A+ and Net+ courses there for free. The only thing I paid for were the books which I bought through Amazon for cheap.