Options

relocating to an other country or accros the country

Has anyone here had luck relocating to another country or accrss the country.

the reason I'm asking is my gf is finished school and looking for work as a teacher...where we live it is notl ooknig good and we both need to work so we mgiht be head to the US since I'm a citizen there.

the problem is breaking into the job market last time I attempted this I was told your qualifed but since your not in the area we will not interview you.

I even offered to pay relocation expense... fly down for a final interview if they were serious etc. but i had no luck

so I'm looking for tips on finding a job when you not able to just take a day off for an interview but would need to travel a considerable distance.

I probalby have 6 months + to work on this buti n the eman time I'll be busting my butt on the cert train

also are there any areas of the US that are currently booming with IT jobs??

Comments

• Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    anyone know where I mghit beable to find the info I'm looknig for?
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You should start applying for jobs now through websites like Dice and Careerbuilder. You may be able to get some phone interviews. When was the last time you tried to get an IT job in the US? If it was a few years ago then I think the economy has gotten somewhat better since then. You may have to just move to the US and then look for a job once you get here.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I moved across the US about 5 years ago, I said if I didn't get an IT job in a week I will settle for a job a golf course that gives free golf icon_lol.gif

I printed my resume, looked in the phone book for successful businesses, drove around and went into every business I liked. I introduced myself, explained my situation and left my resume, by the end of the day I was having a beer at the bar and I got a call and was hired. 80% of open jobs are not listed.
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    Yeah I might jsut have ot move their I did apply for jobs from the sites above over the summer

but all I recieved was offers ot be a sales man or recruiters who were so disorganized I had little fiath they would evercome through.

I'd liek something lined up but we'll see as time goes by theway my company isexpanding thery'remay be a US office soon who knows
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Don't get discouraged. I looked for two months before getting a job across country. See if you can find a web site for a local paper. I posted resumes on Monster, Dice, Gadball, and a slew of others with no luck. I applied to countless postings also with no luck. I got discouraged and posted here. The people here were great about encouraging me no to give up and even criticed my resume for me. ( thanks for that).

Anyway I started scanning the links in the local paper website and ended up with four interviews. Two Network gigs, One Help Desk, and One your it you do it all gig. I got offers from all of them.

So keep your chin up, don't give up and always (always) believe that you will get a job.

Best of Luck!!
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes