exchange issue with sending as another user

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
Hi I have a user that is trying to send email as another person

the situation is we have people in the HR dept who are trying to forward emails as the "humanresources" user we have set up for resumes

the user gets

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: FW: email
Sent: 2/20/2007 3:16 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

User1 on 2/20/2007 3:16 PM
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=com/DC=mydoamin:myserver

there are other users in the dept who can do this but this user can not I've checked the mailbox rights and the user has full control but still gets this error message. (the other suers have full control as well)

I Know I could give the user sendas rights on the information store but I'm not sure if that is the solution since the users who are able to forward emails as the "humanresources" user do not have this right

can someone point me in the right direction

Comments

• RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is what I did and it seems to work.

1) Create a service user (maybe HumanResources).
    2) Configure a mailbox for the user (HumanResources@whatever.com)
    3) In the Exchange Advanced (under the user profile in AD) tab, click on Mailbox Rights. Add the user or group of users to the ACL and give them Full mailbox access.
    4) On the Exchange General tab (under the user profile in AD), click on Delivery Options. Add the users or usergroup to the Send on Behalf list.

I set one up for the marketing department in the company I work for with similar settings (slightly more secure) and it works well. This should give you broad permissions to test and make sure everything is working as intended. Later on, you can come back and tighten it up somewhat.
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    RTmarc wrote:
    This is what I did and it seems to work.

1) Create a service user (maybe HumanResources).
    2) Configure a mailbox for the user (HumanResources@whatever.com)
    3) In the Exchange Advanced (under the user profile in AD) tab, click on Mailbox Rights. Add the user or group of users to the ACL and give them Full mailbox access.
    4) On the Exchange General tab (under the user profile in AD), click on Delivery Options. Add the users or usergroup to the Send on Behalf list.

I set one up for the marketing department in the company I work for with similar settings (slightly more secure) and it works well. This should give you broad permissions to test and make sure everything is working as intended. Later on, you can come back and tighten it up somewhat.

Thanks for the reply I got it to working usiong a different method but it works all the same

I jsut gave the user full control from the security tab on the "human resources" profile. it's not the most secure but the person is the director of HR so it should be fine.