REALLY CONFUSED

omerzomerz Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi cisco guyz,,
nice to be hear and hear from all of you,,

i need help,, i want to prepare for a CCNA exam, and have the following materials,
Sybex 5.0
TroyXXX
i see a lot of difference in them,, and then recently via a wesite i found new chapters of CCNA which are niether in Sybex or TroyXXX,
i am really CONFUSED ,,plz guyz i need urgent reply and proper guidenss, as i have already looked at some of the forums out here,, but still am confused. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The material covered on the CCNA exam isn't defined by what you'll find in one book or another. It's defined by the exam topics listed on the CCNA page on Cisco's website. The study materials go a long way to help you prepare, but no single book covers every detail of every subject you need to know. For that reason, we always recommend you use more than one book (or other study material) to prepare.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The product you mentioned that starts with Troy.... is a **** product. Ignore anything it tells you. The Sybex book is great.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    You are going to need to read lots and lots of different resources to get your CCNA. Sybex and Cisco Press are probably the most common but you will be advised to hit the documentation on the Cisco site as you study. I've seen some Troy stuff and personally think it is far too shallow for what you are going to need to learn and understand.

The CCNA FAQ is a great place to start looking and these forums often pop up links to many other resources. Make sure you go back through months of previous posts and you will find all sorts of useful posts.

Good Luck on you CCNA :)
    Kam.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You also need to get some hands-on experience with routers and switches, either through a simulation program or actual routers. The materials you read will make more sense when you have some experience with the products.