Codename: Longhorn

Trying to install Longhorn just to mess around and see what it's like. When I get to choose where to install, it doesn't recognize my hard drives. There's 3 drives. I tried it with just one, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?
Working on Linux+

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like you may need drivers for your hard drives during the install portion of Longhorn. Could be that the drivers for your hard drives have not been inserted into the base install yet. Either that, or some bug (hence it's in beta).
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    You mean Windows Server Longhorn? Do you have the Beta 2 release? It's suppose to be real stable. Check on the Longhorn Web page to see if your system's hardware is supported.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    As icroyal mentioned, it's probably an issue of there simply not being drivers for your hard drive controllers. Check what hardware you have, check your manufacturer's website, and check the site that jdmurray gave you for information about getting drivers to match your machine. Since Longhorn's still in beta, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to get it installed with this release.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    Yes, JD it's the Beta 2. If I get a chance today, I'm gonna look for some drivers and give the install another shot. I'll post back and let you fellas know what's up.
    Working on Linux+
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You might try looking for Vista drivers
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...