Failed Network+ today!!!

Cmptch62Cmptch62 Member Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

Didn't pass the network+ exam today. Scored 536 on the test needed 554.
Preparation materials used Sybex 4th edition by David Groth & Toby Skandier
Practice exams from mike myers 600 questions totalsems. Any suggestions
greatly appreciated. icon_sad.gif

Thank you

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forum. First I would look at your method of study. What are you doing to study. Perhaps purchasing CBT Nuggets will help you understand the material a bit more.

The study methods I use are as follows:
    1. Get my feet wet with CBT Nuggets even if I don't know the topic.
    2. Begin reading my main book
    3. While reading, I will use sticky notes and use them as a bookmark when I want to review information that spans >1 page. If the information is a paragraph or so, I will summarize it into my own words and write it into a notebook.
    4. Every so often, even while I'm reading, I will go back to my notebook and read what is in there.
    5. I will always do the chapter questions. If I get something wrong, I make sure I understand why, and if needed, I will go back and review that information. I also try to understand why the wrong answers were incorrect.
    6. I then finish the book and then use either an e-book or use a hardcover to review information.
    7. I then review any CBT Nuggets when I want some extra clarification.
    8. I then use a practice exam package such as Transcenders which tests me on my readiness. I'll warn you though, do not use this unless you feel you are completely ready. After the 1st usage, you have many of the questions/answers in your head which won't properly test your readiness your second time around.

Hope this helps and good luck on your 2nd try.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • pixelpersonpixelperson Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am sorry to hear about your failing. icon_sad.gif

First, don't get discouraged. We have all been there at one time or the other.

I found CBT nuggets to also very good study aid.

Go through those videos first, then grab an Exam cram Network + book by Ed Tittel.

VERY GOOD resourse. It cuts right throught the BS and provides some very good questions with the answers being explained in straight no nonsense terms.

Then, grab a copy of Transcenders Network+. Hammer those puppies until you consistantly hit at least 80 percent.

When you study, be sure to block out some quiet time at home. No TV and try to avoid distractions. icon_cool.gif Read Exam cram when you are out and about.

Don't worry. You can do it.

Good luck!
    Pixelperson
    Miami, FL
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Have you tried the TechNotes from this site?
    http://www.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/pdf.shtml
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    you have no time to be discouraged, but have time to redo it.
    i passed A+ OS part on 3rd trial..yes..3 times!! if i gave up, you wouldn't see my A+ in my profile.
    first trial- i was too rushy..i failed miserably.
    Second trial- i failed by 1 point..OMG i was so pissed..but Third trial- i nailed it!
    "Persistent" is the key to every success.
    Did you know Edison tried 1000 times inventing a light bulb?
    When he got home, his wife asked him "Are you gonna give up?"
    He said "Give up?? I now know 1000 times that dont work!"
    Giving up is NOT my option, and it is not on my list!

Good luck on your next try dude!!
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."