Options

Study methods.

KingKKingK Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
I know eveyrone on here studies. But HOW do you study?

Do you just read and it sinks in?

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    to a degree, yes.

i downloaded the exam objectives and compared my book to them on occasion as i read it. anything that didn't seem to be covered in my book was researched on the internet or raised in internet forums.

i had also bought a few networking books as i was nearing readiness for my a+, so i read up on some things in those too (always best to get an angle on some things by different authors, incase one has a better way of describing it than another).

lab work obviously helped too. you could say it's a little like sex - more fun doing than reading about it ;).

practice tests will help find weak areas, and give you an idea of the type of questions and angles they will ask you on.

the technotes and practice tests here are excellent too and the well-know port and osi tests will give you a good drilling (don't dare look at them, though, until you've studied the relevant sections of your book(s) as they will scare the wits out of you if you are not prepared!)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    carbunklecarbunkle Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What I did for A+ was read through my Myeres book all the way first, then again making note cards on things I didnt know. Then I made note cards from info from the internet. Then I just go through and put away the cards I have memorised until they are all gone.