Options

College grad new job

kalin35kalin35 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, the last couple of weeks I have been conducting some interviews since I graduate in May. I already heard back from Sprint in Kansas City and they told me that I got the job. I still have not gotten the written offer though to see what it entiles. I am also in the same situation with National Instruments in Austin TX. Both jobs you start out in a Devolpment program for the first year to learn all about the company and different areas since I am a college grad. Now I am trying to decide which might fit me better. I would rather be in Austin then in KC but I think with Sprint I might get better trainning for if I would have to look for another job in the future. Both jobs I am told start off paying very good though.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Make yourself a pros and cons list and see what it looks like on paper. If you still cannot decide...close your eyes and pick one. You may not know one may turn out to be far more then what you expected or they both could be duds. It's a first job. If your lucky you will ride the wave for many years. If you fall into the statistics....you'll be looking for something else soon enough. Enjoy the freedom while you are young!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    That is why I think Sprint might be a better since they have a lot more opertunities within the organization at a given time. Also, with getting experience in Telecommunications, do you think that experience would work for a possible networking job down the road?
  • Options
    emmajoyceemmajoyce Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kaylin,
    How did you go about getting the jobs? Internet, newspaper, word of mouth???
    Not having any luck in Myrtle Beach.
    lungsucker.jpg
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    At University, they come and find you Emma.
    Kam.
  • Options
    It was through the University career services.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    kalin35 wrote:
    That is why I think Sprint might be a better since they have a lot more opertunities within the organization at a given time. Also, with getting experience in Telecommunications, do you think that experience would work for a possible networking job down the road?

I'd think YES. Because of the way VoIP is coming into play....the more you understand phone systems and PBX and wireless service providers the better chance you may have at converting clients into a VoIP or keeping them on the PBX or a wireless. In any case the more you know...the more options you may have later on.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?